Lower belly fat exercises are divided into 2 kinds: those that actually burn body fat and lower belly fat as well, and toning exercises. You need to realize that the body burns fat as a single unit. You can’t burn fat from a specific body part by doing targeted exercises. However, you can tone a body part.
This article will include articles of both kinds so you’ll be able to get flat lower abs.
Toning Exercises for the lower belly
1. Reverse crunches – You begin the reverse crunch by lying flat on your back with bended knees and feet slightly above the floor. Make sure that you’re steady.
The movement is to contract the stomach muscles and to bring the knees back towards your chest. This works the lower abs primarily.
2. Hanging leg raises – This is a difficult exercise to perform and one which isn’t for beginners.
You grab a bar over your head with straight arms and slowly raise your thighs and bend your knees until your knees are at a 90 degrees angle with your torso.
Slowly raise your knees toward your chest. You don’t need to move a lot. Try to do this while keeping your back straight.
Return to the starting position while keeping your knees bent. You won’t be able to do a lot of these but these will really rip your lower belly muscles.
3. Double Leg Lifts – A slightly easier lower stomach exercise which can be done at home. You lie on the floor with straight legs in front of you. Using your abs, you slowly lift your straight legs until they are completely vertical. You hold position for a few seconds and then lower them back down.
Don’t let your legs touch the ground between reps. This will make the exercise more intensive.
- Running – Sprinting in particular is a great ab workout
- Martial art classes and kickboxing sessions
- Spinning and aerobic classes
- Rock climbing – This is a total body strength workout and a cardio one as well
- Back rows